Legal claims (England/Wales)

We can recommend Doug Paulley’s DART toolkit for guidance on each step of filing with the county court.

This page has a few additional template letters which can be useful for situations that can arise.

Avoiding your claim considered as a “Part 7” money only claim

If you want remedies such as a declaration or injunction as well as financial compensation, you cannot submit your claim through the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC) (A part 7 money only claim) which is designed to streamline the administrative parts of simple claims.

Often County Courts will incorrectly reject claims made directly to them and or redirect it to the CCMCC.

Template covering letter to remind County Courts not to redirect to CCMCC